Health & Safety
We are closely monitoring the city, state and federal safety recommendations about the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our primary concern is for the safety of our artists, patrons and staff. As part of NYC’s culture and history, we will make every effort to operate, as long as it is safe to do so. “The show must go on” is not only our credo, but our livelihood. By working together, safely, we will survive this crisis. We have implemented the following practices to help keep our community safe.
For the foreseeable future, all Théâtre XIV artists, staff and patrons are required to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19. No one will be allowed to enter the venue without proof of vaccination. All documentation must be submitted in English or accompanied by a certified translation. Verification of documentation is at the sole discretion of Théâtre XIV. Additional information or documentation may be requested and if requested must be provided in order to verify. Acceptable proof of vaccination includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Card
- WHO Vaccine Booklet
- Documentation provided by a health care professional/organization/country
We have adopted the recommendations of the City of New York and require patrons to wear masks while inside Théâtre XIV.
ADVANCED AIR FILTRATION
Our commitment to cleanliness begins with the air we breathe. The air inside Théâtre XIV is routinely exchanged, continually replacing the air with new, fresh air from outside. Additionally we’ve installed an industry-leading air filtration system to destroy up to 99% of surface and airborne contaminants. The Air Scrubber by Aerus uses ActivePure® Technology which is based on a variation of the technology originally developed for use on the International Space Station and is recognized as the exclusive Certified Space Technology™ in its category.
HOW IT WORKS
- The proprietary ActivePure® Technology uses light waves and a catalytic process to produce scrubber ions that remove dust particles from the air
- Certified Space Technology continuously protects and purifies the air, and attacks contaminants on all surfaces
- Proven effective in University studies on various contaminants in the air and on surfaces
- Purifies the air and reduces particles that can irritate allergies and asthma
- Protects people from dangerous contaminants and pollutants
- Creates healthy, pure indoor spaces
TRAINING & CLEANLINESS
We have implemented every possible measure to ensure a safe environment. Precautions include:
- Sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces, restrooms and bar areas throughout business hours
- Training and monitoring all employees for vigilant sanitary practices
- Monitoring the health of our staff and artists
- Enforcing a stay-at-home policy for any staff or performer feeling even the slightest symptoms, and requesting the same from our patrons.